You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You’ll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don’t take my sunshine away
As many of you know, this is the chorus to the beloved children’s song “You Are My Sunshine”. When my daughter was young, this was the song that was often sung while I tucked her into bed. It became our special thing and I even nicknamed her sunshine.
Now there is another sunshine around to make me smile!
Wonderful things happen in the Sims community! Friendships are formed. Creations are uploaded for others to add to their game. Tips and tricks are discussed. Stories are written and pictures presented so others can enjoy them.
Friends get nominated for blog awards and in turn nominate me.
lilsapphire first nominated me. Her blog, Lils Creative Corner, is a little gem with many facets… showcasing sims, music videos and a story.
While I was waiting to read her blog award post and know what’s what… another SimFriend nominated me. bmit04 is playing the Midnight Sun Challenge and blogging about it in Stories By Bee. Still waiting to see if Jin and Sun are related, B!
Thank YOU, Lil and B for spreading a bit of sunshine around.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
It’s an award for bloggers from bloggers and is a beautiful way to share some terrific things other bloggers do and write about. A way to recognize their efforts in inspiring others to do what they love.
What comes with the nomination?
Besides a huge smile upon your face, each nominee has a list of rules that need to be followed.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
4. Notify the bloggers you nominated.
5. Keep the rules in your post.
Questions from Lil:
1. What is your favorite sport to watch?
I don’t have a favorite sport, but I enjoyed watching my daughter play volleyball and soccer in high school. Soccer is her love so if I had to choose one, then soccer it is!
2. What is your favorite food?
So difficult to decide, but I am rather fond of pasta dishes. Pasta and cheese is such a perfect pairing!
3. Movies or books?
Books. I enjoy watching movies every now and then, but books are my go-to for a quick escape.
4. If you could have one super power for a week what would it be?
Telekinesis. No offense to those who smoke, but I would pick up those discarded butts and return then to the litterbug’s lap!
5. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
Tea. Peppermint is a favorite for hot and raspberry or jasmine for iced.
6. What is your favorite season?
Fall. I love the crunch of leaves and the nip in the air that is a promise of things to come like holidays and snow vacations. Living in Florida (am a native in case you were curious!), I enjoy being able to experience different seasons.
7. How many pets do you have and what are they?
Right now we are down to one pet. Missy is an 18 year-old cat who is as loving as she is vexing. Goes with the territory of being an elder cat.
8. What is your favorite TV show?
I don’t really watch TV. I periodically watch things via Netflix and my queue is filled with mysteries or foreign/indie with a dash of animated tossed here and there. I love Dr. Who and Sherlock is a fave, too.
9. What was the last movie you watched at the theater?
Star Trek Beyond (hubby pick). The last movie I picked was Me Before You.
10. What is your favorite song?
Mercy. One? Just one? Depends on my mood. The one I pick for right here, right now is Try by Colbie Caillat.
11. Pizza or Tacos or both?
I like both, but not at the same meal. Favorite pizza is Uno’s Deep Dish Cheese and Tomato. Fish tacos, yummy!
Questions from B:
1. Name five sims traits that would best describe you.
Bookworm, Nurturing, Perfectionist, Loves the Cold, Excitable.
2. What would be your favorite job in the sims world?
Private Investigator. Who wouldn’t enjoy a stakeout where they stand holding a couple of branches and learn the vital piece to solving a particular puzzle?
3. What is your favorite version of Sims? Name one reason why.
While I love 1 and started my adventures there, 3 is near and dear to my heart. Even after years of playing, I still haven’t done everything and the game continues to surprise me. Always something new-to-me happening in my virtual dollhouse!
4. What is the most important item you own and why?
My phone. Address book, calendar, maps and search engine. Best way to keep in touch with those I care about and find new spots of interest while out & about on vacations.
5. Preferred hot beverage – coffee or tea?
Tea. Have never cared for coffee. It smells nice, but tastes terrible!
6. Night Owl or Early Riser?
Early Riser… even when I don’t wish to be or have to be.
7. If you were given $1,000 what would you buy?
Gifts for family & friends, donate the rest to a charity or two. I can’t think of anything I want at the moment and I enjoy sharing with others.
8. Have you ever traveled to Canada?
Not yet,but perhaps someday I could. Hmm… perhaps that is where the $1,000 should be going LOL
9. What would be your perfect vacation?
Any vacation with hubby & daughter. We love seeking out snow, visiting other states and countries. Learning a bit of the local history and culture while we have fun experiencing new things. Favorite states are North Carolina and Colorado. Still planning future trips outside the U.S. so I’ll hold off on naming a favorite country.
10. If you could change your first name what would you choose?
I was born 6 weeks early so my Dad named me after my Mom, but they had a name picked out for me. Lorelei. I’ve always wondered how different my life could be if I had grown up with a name like that one.
11. What is your biggest fear?
Roller coasters and scuba diving vie for that spot. Both bring on panic attacks so I prefer solid ground.
Whew! Now you know quite a bit about me… even though my answers could change if asked these same questions tomorrow.
Hmm… the other seven blogs that I regularly read have already been nominated. Consider yourself invisibly tapped by me too.
Guess I better finish up so I can go
pester inform those that have been nominated.
My questions for others to ponder:
1. What is your favorite color? What is it about this color that beckons to you above all others.
2. If you could invite anybody to your dinner party, who would be your guest of honor?
3. What made you start blogging?
4. White, milk or dark chocolate?
5. In all the EA worlds, who is your favorite townie sim or household?
6. What is your favorite book? How many times have you read it?
7. If someone is thinking of starting a new legacy challenge, what piece of advice would you share with them?
8. What one sim item is considered a must have? Think beyond the basics.
9. What have you not done in game, but would like to?
10. What is your favorite quote?
11. Do you have a favorite board game or card game?
Thanks for reading this far!